In truth, we don’t actually agree with that statement. What we really mean is that not all children and their families are in the right frame of mind for classical ballet training.
Here are a few reasons why they should be, particularly at Integral Ballet:
· Integral Ballet offers a true emphasis on ballet technique without the distractions and time-consuming rehearsal schedules of competitive dancing, enabling dancers to excel in a variety of dance and non-dance atmospheres including open classes, college programs & teams, competitions, master classes and auditions.
· Integral Ballet offers a no non-sense, stream-lined approach to ballet training without overstretching our expertise
· Integral Ballet teaches a Balanchine-based syllabus which reflects the most widely-used ballet technique among major ballet companies throughout the US
· Integral Ballet employs a regimented syllabus designed by NYS certified teachers to motivate youngsters to excel in the Balanchine technique
· Integral Ballet recognizes that dancers of all ages must juggle a variety of academics and extracurricular activities to develop, grow, achieve all that they want and be fulfilled. Students can design a class regimen and focus that works for them and their goals, whether they want to dance professionally or not.
· Integral Ballet does not withhold proper classical training from recreational students, regardless of their goals. Students studying once a week or five times a week are afforded the same focus from their teachers and given the same access to the vast knowledge of dance training
· Integral Ballet dancers are provided supplemental classes, workshops, master classes and intensives in all concentrations of dance. Ballet technique provides the strongest foundation for all dance forms and with our training, dancers are successful in every area
· Integral Ballet programs, policies and performances have been imitated time and time again by recreational, competition and ballet schools, which is the highest compliment we receive
· Integral Ballet directors are experienced educators and professional dancers and our teachers are the best at getting young students to reach their greatest potential. With support and encouragement from parents, our students continue to excel and grow to their max and meet or exceed their aspirations
· The long-lasting benefits that young dancers receive through classical ballet come from repetitive conditioning and barre work. There has never been a former dancer who would attribute her grace, strength, posture and elegance to a competition routine.
For Parents & Families:
· Affordable tuition; approximately 1/3 less than most classical ballet schools on Long Island for classes of similar length
· All classes allow for observation by family and friends
· Codified syllabus provides an objective measure of your child’s progress
· Simple, stream-lined and concise approach to studio events including costumes, rehearsals, recitals, portraits, etc
· Conveniently located, street and lot parking, spacious studios
· Small classes, capping early childhood at 8 children per class and Level 1-3 at 12/class
As a 501c(3) organization, Integral Ballet strives to remain true its mission statement which is:
“To educate students on classical ballet. The academic emphasis is placed on classical technique, terminology, historical context, classical music and performance aspects. Students learn the discipline of ballet and adhere to strict policies in both technique and application of the ballet they learn, and also to school policies and procedures.
Students are given an opportunity to perform for lecture/demonstrations in the community, to perform in community events including street fairs and festivals, park festivals and library demonstrations throughout each academic year. Students learn and perform new choreography to a historical ballet of note each spring and perform a Nutcracker each winter.
Students are trained to be able to audition successfully for renowned summer programs and dance companies throughout the world. Ballet students, age 2 and up, will benefit from the educational aspect of the organization while community members throughout Long Island, NY will benefit from the performances and charitable initiatives of the dancers.”