Students are required to be in proper dress code at all times. Students not in dress code will be required to observe class.
Proper Dress for Ballet Level 1 and up:
- Boys - black ballet shoes, black tights (or spandex), white tee shirts.
- Girls - pink ballet shoes, pink tights, black leotard, hip alignment belt according to their level for Level 1 and up
- Ballet skirts (no shorts) may be worn only with permission of the instructor giving the class and are encouraged for pre, white and yellow belt dancers
- No street clothes may be worn over ballet attire. A ballet sweater may be worn if cold. Leg warmers may be worn with permission from the instructor. Pointe shoes should be secured with elastics and ribbons.
- Hair for girls should be worn pulled back off the face in a secure, neat ballet bun
- Hair for company ballet dancers should be kept long enough to keep in a neat ballet bun
- No jewelry permitted, including bracelets, necklaces, etc. Stud earrings are allowed for pierced ears
Proper Dress for Tap & Jazz:
- Girls - tan jazz boots or tap shoes. Tap shoe styles change by level (visit the online dance boutique to determine your child's required shoe). Tan tights. Black leotard. Hair pulled back in a neat bun or pony tail.
- Boys - black jazz or oxford tap shoes, black pants or shorts, white fitted tee shirt. Long hair should be pulled back in neat bun or pony tail.
- Ballet uniforms permissible if coming from or going to ballet class
Proper Dress for Acro and Contemporary:
- Ballet uniforms permissible if coming from or going to ballet class, but feet must be bare
- Girls - bare foot (tan foot undeez or dance socks permissilbe for contemporary or acro-dance. Acro feet must be bare), any color leotard and fitted shorts, leggings or tights are permissible
- Boys - bare foot (tan foot undeez or dance socks permissilbe for contemporary or acro-dance. Acro feet must be bare), fitted pants and tee shirt
Adult Dress Code Recommendations for All Classes:
- Most of our adult students do wear traditional ballet attire for ballet classes including a leotard, tights, ballet skirt or knitted dance shorts, etc, however, any form fitted athletic wear wherein the teacher can clearly see your alignment is permissible
- Long hair should be pulled back for all classes
- Ballet slippers for ballet, oxford or heeled tap shoes for tap, bare foot or gripped socks for floor barre classes, bare foot for yoga
Students are required to be on time for class and may not leave until the end of class. While lateness is not permissible, we understand that emergencies arise; please indicate if your child will be late for class by phone, text, or email.
Students should not have more than 5 absences per year. Missed classes should be made up in the student's appropriate level or one level lower. All absences must be reported for the safety and well-being of all our students.
No gum, candy, or junk food is allowed in the studio at anytime. Parents are asked to kindly and carefully pack non-allergenic snacks required for dancers that will be at the studio for 3 hours or more. Avoid anything with peanuts. Students remaining at the studio for 2.5 hours or less are not permitted or bring food. Water bottles are permissible.
Integral Ballet has a zero tolerance policy regarding disorderly conduct. All staff instructors are certified and trained to manage disruptive behavior before it is considered disorderly conduct. Due to the interactive and demanding nature of ballet class, disciplinary action is rarely needed. If necessary, disorderly conduct will be handled according to the following procedure:
- Student will be reprimanded in class at first offence. An offense is determined by the teacher and/or office staff depending on the age of the child, and the frequency and disruption level of the misconduct.
- Student will be asked to sit out at second offence, during same lesson or a later lesson, and will be forewarned that another occurrence will require them to call home. They will not be invited to continue in class that day. Parents will be advised if they come in to pick up their child.
- Student will be asked to sit out and call home at third offense. At this time a parent may request a conference to determine if the student will be invited to continue classes. Parents please note that there are no refunds for class time missed due to behavioral issues. Additionally, withdrawal from classes by recital participants is prohibited after October 15th.